UK: Asahi unveils fresh UK ad campaign
Japanese brewer Asahi has launched a fresh UK advertising campaign for its hallmark brand.
The adverts show bottles of Asahi with their labels peeled off to reveal pictures etched into the label residue, including karate and manga images. Copy lines include 'A refreshing kick' and 'Original Japanese cool', and will feature in magazines, as well as on online, outdoor and rickshaw advertising. The campaign marks the Japanese brewer's sixth year of advertising in the UK.
The campaign will target the male-orientated GQ magazine and on the GQ and FHM websites. Posters will also be up at underground stations and additional sites in London and Brighton.
Asahi Beer Europe director Moto Suzuki said: "We are continuing to invest in the brand which is enjoying an increase in sales. These new designs emphasise the lager's image as a stylish, premium brand."
Asahi is brewed under licence in the UK by Kent-based brewer Shepherd Neame.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends