JAPAN: Asahi triples profit forecast
Leading Japanese brewer, Asahi Breweries Ltd, has tripled its half-year profit forecast. The company said that cost cutting had improved profitability in spite of softer sales. Asahi said it expected a group net profit of Y10.7 billion ($90m) for the first six months to June against its previous forecast of Y3 billion. But Asahi lowered its half-year group sales forecasts by 4.2% from an earlier forecast of Y634 billion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban