JAPAN: Asahi triples profit forecast
Leading Japanese brewer, Asahi Breweries Ltd, has tripled its half-year profit forecast. The company said that cost cutting had improved profitability in spite of softer sales. Asahi said it expected a group net profit of Y10.7 billion ($90m) for the first six months to June against its previous forecast of Y3 billion. But Asahi lowered its half-year group sales forecasts by 4.2% from an earlier forecast of Y634 billion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Cognac plays the waiting game in China
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- C&C Group steps down as Portman Group funder
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL