JAPAN: Asahi to release whiskey in China
Asahi Breweries is looking to launch a single malt whiskey in China.
The Japanese company is exporting Yoichi 10-year-old single malt to the country. The whiskey is produced by The Nikka Whiskey Distilling Co.,a subsidiary of Asahi, while marketing in China will be handled by Asahi Beer (Shanghai) Product Services Co.
Yoichi will be test marketed in Japanese restaurants before being rolled out elsewhere in China. The target for this year is to sell a modest 100 six-bottle cases.
Yoichi retails at JPY4,500 (US$39) in Japan, but no details were available on a price for China.
Asahi Breweries has confirmed that it will transfer most of its soft drinks operations to sister company LB Co., according to local reports....
Poor weather has dealt Japanese brewers a harsh blow between July and September....
Shepherd Neame has posted its 31st consecutive year of profit growth....
Combined shipments of beer, happoshu and so-called 'third-beer' in Japan were flat last month, according to recent figures....
Japan's largest beer maker Kirin Brewery has reportedly posted a 20% leap in profits for the first half of the year....
Asahi Breweries today (4 August) posted a fall in half-year profits as sales of happoshu beer missed targets....
Japan's third-largest brewer Sapporo today (4 August) saw its first-half losses narrow on the year, despite falling sales....
Asahi Breweries is set to expand its stable of 'third-category' beers in an attempt to catch fierce rival Kirin Brewery in the booming segment....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends