JAPAN: Asahi targets sales lift in 2007
Asahi Breweries is targeting a slight increase on its forecast sales volumes for next year.
The Japanese company said yesterday (14 December) that it is aiming for an increase in total volumes in 2007 of 1% to 198m cases.
Asahi's president, Hitoshi Ogita, told a news conference in Japan that the company will look to strengthen its domestic alcoholic drinks business next year.
As a break-down, Asahi has set a target of 139m cases for beer shipments in 2007, a drop of 4m on this year's target, with 'happoshu' shipments aimed at 33m cases, a 4m rise on 2006. For the 'third-beer' category, the company is hoping for sales of around 26m cases, up by 2m on this year's target.
The company is planning to release a number of new products in 2007, including a bottled version of its flagship beer brand Super Dry in March, as well as 'Honnama Draft' and a new version of 'Honnama Aqua Blue' in the happoshu sector in February.
Earlier this week, Asahi transferred the UK sales and distribution rights for Super Dry to local partner Shepherd Neame.
The move follows Asahi's announcement in April that it will close Asahi Beer Europe next year and manage its presence on the continent direct from Tokyo.
Coca-Cola's US$4.1bn acquisition of Glacéau gives the company a presence in the growing enhanced waters sector where, writes Annette Farr, the soft drinks giant will be competing not only with smaller...
Japan has led the way in functional drinks and as market maturity and demographics have slowed sales, manufacturers have continued to innovate imaginatively. Jeanette Bengtsson, soft drinks manager at...
Kirin Brewery Co has posted a healthy lift in Q1 sales....
Global Beverage Solutions has reported a delay in the filing of its form 10-KSB for the end of 2006....
A survey of the top brewers in Japan has shown total beer and quasi-beer shipments were flat in the first three months of this year....
Princes Soft Drinks has lined up brand extensions for two of its sports waters brand in the UK....
Global Beverage Solutions has acquired premium bottled water company....
Japanese beverage alcohol wholesaler Izmic Corp. has reportedly bought rival firm Yoshikawasyuhan Corp. for an undisclosed sum....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research