JAPAN: Asahi sees H1 soft drinks figures rise
Asahi Soft Drinks has posted slight rises in both sales and net profit for the first six months of this year.
The Japanese company said today (1 August) that sales for the six months to 30 June were up, coming in at JPY105.2bn (US$914.3m) from JPY102.9bn a year earlier. Net profit followed suit, reaching JPY2.1bn from JPY1.9bn.
Looking forward, Asahi expects full year sales for the group to reach JPY214bn. Net profit should hit JPY5.5bn for the year.
For the full year, group sales are forecast to reach JPY230bn, with net profit expected to come in at JPY5.1bn.
Asahi Breweries said last month that it would spend JPY22.5bn over the next three years to streamline its business and cut costs.
Asahi, which is fighting with rival Kirin Brewery for number one spot in Japan, said it would transfer the production of low-alcohol beverages and soft drinks to a key beer site north of Tokyo.
An Asahi spokesperson said that it would shift production from its Asahi Soft Drinks unit in Kashiwa and from its Nikka Whisky Distilling unit to its brewery at Ibaraki. She declined to comment on whether the two sites would stay open after the transfer.
The century-old rivalry between Anheuser-Busch and Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar took an unexpected twist earlier this week when the two brewers signed an import deal for the US market. However, des...
Kirin Beverage Corp. is targeting a healthy rise in soft drink sales in Japan this year, according to local reports....
Asahi has managed to hold on to the top spot in the Japanese beer market, despite a dip in sales volumes, according to local reports....
Kirin Brewery Co. has forecast a healthy rise in sales for this year....
The holding company for the Ricard family and the Dutch finance arm of Japanese brewer Kirin have upped their joint stake in Pernod Ricard....
Kirin Brewery Co. is set to launch a flagship mainstream beer brand, according to reports in Japan....
Kirin Brewery Co. is aiming to boost operating profit by at least 28% in the next three years by focusing on growth in its overseas operations, non-beer alcohol and soft drink businesses....
Japanese beer maker Kirin Brewery Co. is to buy a 25% stake in China's Hangzhou Qiandaohu Brewery Co. in a deal worth JPY4.5bn (US$38.1m)....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends