JAPAN: Asahi sees H1 soft drinks figures rise
Asahi Soft Drinks has posted slight rises in both sales and net profit for the first six months of this year.
The Japanese company said today (1 August) that sales for the six months to 30 June were up, coming in at JPY105.2bn (US$914.3m) from JPY102.9bn a year earlier. Net profit followed suit, reaching JPY2.1bn from JPY1.9bn.
Looking forward, Asahi expects full year sales for the group to reach JPY214bn. Net profit should hit JPY5.5bn for the year.
For the full year, group sales are forecast to reach JPY230bn, with net profit expected to come in at JPY5.1bn.
Asahi Breweries said last month that it would spend JPY22.5bn over the next three years to streamline its business and cut costs.
Asahi, which is fighting with rival Kirin Brewery for number one spot in Japan, said it would transfer the production of low-alcohol beverages and soft drinks to a key beer site north of Tokyo.
An Asahi spokesperson said that it would shift production from its Asahi Soft Drinks unit in Kashiwa and from its Nikka Whisky Distilling unit to its brewery at Ibaraki. She declined to comment on whether the two sites would stay open after the transfer.
The century-old rivalry between Anheuser-Busch and Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar took an unexpected twist earlier this week when the two brewers signed an import deal for the US market. However, des...
Kirin Beverage Corp. is targeting a healthy rise in soft drink sales in Japan this year, according to local reports....
Asahi has managed to hold on to the top spot in the Japanese beer market, despite a dip in sales volumes, according to local reports....
Kirin Brewery Co. has forecast a healthy rise in sales for this year....
The holding company for the Ricard family and the Dutch finance arm of Japanese brewer Kirin have upped their joint stake in Pernod Ricard....
Kirin Brewery Co. is set to launch a flagship mainstream beer brand, according to reports in Japan....
Kirin Brewery Co. is aiming to boost operating profit by at least 28% in the next three years by focusing on growth in its overseas operations, non-beer alcohol and soft drink businesses....
Japanese beer maker Kirin Brewery Co. is to buy a 25% stake in China's Hangzhou Qiandaohu Brewery Co. in a deal worth JPY4.5bn (US$38.1m)....
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- SABMiller announces management reshuffle
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review