JAPAN: Asahi raises sales targets for new brew
The Japanese brewer Asahi has raised its sales targets of its beer-like product "Honnama Gold" following a strong showing since the product launched in February.
The company now aims to sell 8m cases a year, up from original target of around 5m cases.
Each case contains the equivalent of 20 633-millilitre bottles.
Japanese press reports said the company had sold over 2.5m cases alone in the first month after its launch.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban