JAPAN: Asahi maintains number one spot in H1 beer shipments
Asahi Breweries ha sheld on to the top spot in the Japanese domestic beer market in the first half of this year, with a 39.2% market share compared to the 35.6% of nearest rival Kirin Brewery. Asahi reached the top spot in 2001 for the first time in 48 years through shipments of beer and happoshu, led in particular by its first happoshu brand Honnama.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch