JAPAN: Asahi, Kirin fight for domestic top spot - figures
A report released today (11 October) by the Brewers Association of Japan said that Asahi held a 37.8% share of the Japanese beer and beer-like market in the nine months to September, ahead of Kirin, which held 37.6%.
Total shipments from these five brewers slid slightly in the period, however, by 1.3% year-on-year to 363.47m cases. Regular beer and happoshu sales were down slightly in the period, while the so-called third-category beer category saw sales rise.
All brewers in the country benefited from a heatwave in August, the association said last month. Total beer and beer-like shipments in August rose by 1.2% year-on-year.
Kirin Holdings is on the hunt for partnerships in India, Thailand and Vietnam, according to local reports....
Asahi Soft Drinks Co. has intimated that it is considering raising its prices due to the rising costs of raw materials, according to reports....
Asahi Breweries is to begin production of its Super Dry beer brand in Russia after signing a deal with Baltika Breweries....
Baltika has confirmed a marked lift in its full-year dividend payment to shareholders....
Domestic shipments of beer and beer-like beverages in Japan rose slightly last month ahead of further price rises in the country, according to recent figures....
San Miguel Corp. has lined up the flotation of its domestic beer unit for later this year, according to local reports....
The prospect of price rises led to a leap in beer sales in Japan last month, according to recent figures....
Beer shipments in Japan continued their downward trend last year, according to recent figures....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts