JAPAN: Asahi joins race for Orangina - report
Asahi has joined the race for Orangina after the agreed timeframe for exclusive talks between Suntory and the private equity groups came to an end, the Financial Times reported today (11 September).
Blackstone and Lion Capital yesterday confirmed that they were in talks with Asahi's Japanese rival, Suntory, over a sale of the Orangina business.
"No agreement has been reached to date," said the groups, which completed a deal to buy Orangina from Cadbury Schweppes in 2006.
Coca-Cola France president Christian Polge has been elected head of French soft drinks trade body, the Syndicat National des Boissons Rafraîchissantes (SNBR)....
Kirin Holdings has blamed unfavourable currency rates and a weakened Japanese economy for a fall in sales and profits in 2009....
Japanese drinks group Kirin Holdings has appointed a new president and CEO as it looks to push on with plans to drive earnings, despite a breakdown in merger talks with Suntory....
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory