DENMARK/JAPAN: Asahi joins Carlsberg in Hong Kong deal
The contract, confirmed to just-drinks today (4 January), has seen Carlsberg Hong Kong take over the importing, sales and distribution of Asahi's flagship brand from "a local Japanese company in Hong Kong", a spokesperson for Carlsberg has told just-drinks. This company is now a sub-distributor for Carlsberg in Hong Kong.
Financial details were not disclosed.
The two companies already work together in Russia, where Carlsberg unit Baltika began brewing Asahi Super Dry at its facility in St Petersburg in June 2008.
In Hong Kong, Carlsberg took control of Asahi Super Dry in the on-trade back in October, with off-trade operations being assumed at the start of this month.
Having established the Carlsberg Hong Kong Brewery as a joint venture with the East Asiatic Company in 1978, Carlsberg obtained full control of the division in 2005. Other third party brands in the unit's portfolio include Guinness, Erdinger and Sol.
Asahi is set to announce its full-year results on 8 February.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages