INDONESIA: Asahi Group sets sights on non-alcoholic beverage growth
Asahi Group first partnered with Indofood in 2012
Asahi Group is targeting sales of IDR5tn (US$430m) for its non-alcoholic beverage joint-ventures in Indonesia by 2017 as demand in the country grows.
In a joint statement yesterday (24 February), the Japanese firm and Indonesian partner PT Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur said Indonesia's non-alcoholic beverage market is expected to increase by 85% over the next three years to IDR190tn. To help capture the growth, the companies will finish construction of a new beverage plant by the end of this year, taking their total number of plants to 17.
“Non-alcoholic beverage is one of the fastest growing categories in the Indonesian market,” the statement said.
The new plant will be run by PT Tirta Makmur Perkasa, a bottled water JV set up by Asahi and Indofood in October.
Asahi and Indofood also run PT Prima Cahaya Indobeverages, a bottler of PepsiCo's carbonated and fruit juice drinks.
Asahi first linked up with Indofood in 2012.
Asahi Group Holdings, Ltd. - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. Asahi Group Holdings, Ltd. - SWOT Analysis examines the company’s key ......
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth act......
Social responsibility is expected to be at the forefront of the strategic position of Asahi Beverages New Zealand. This is expected to entail a concerted effort in the development of organic and healt...
Asahi Soft Drinks aims to post a 3% value CAGR by 2015. In order to achieve this, the company targets further reinforcement of three major brands – Mitsuya, Wonda and Jurokucha – at the same time as i...
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- SABMiller announces management reshuffle
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Wine in the United Kingdom