JAPAN: Asahi contemplates soft drinks price hike - report
Asahi Soft Drinks Co. has intimated that it is considering raising its prices due to the rising costs of raw materials, according to reports.
Today (18 March), Jiji Press cited Asahi Soft Drinks' president Masaaki Okada as saying that company is expecting a cost increase of around JPY2bn (US$20.3m) year-on-year for the current business year to December, due mainly to rising prices for raw materials.
The news service added that Okada said that the company may be forced to raise its prices if it cannot absorb further increases in costs of packaging and materials.
The decision will rest upon the company's examination of the benefits from the appreciating yen and trends in consumer spending.
Sapporo Breweries is to raise the annual sales target of its beer-like drink "Mugi to Hop," to 5.5 million cases from the previously planned three million cases, according to local sources....
Suntory has taken the number three spot on the Japanese domestic beer market, leapfrogging Sapporo Breweries....
Steel Partners Japan Strategic Fund has called for Sapporo Holdings to consider bringing an investment bank in "to explore strategic alternatives" for the Japanese company....
Asahi Breweries is to hike its wine prices by 3-20% as a result of increased procurement costs, according to reports....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends