JAPAN: Asahi Breweries to raise wine prices - report
Asahi Breweries is to hike its wine prices by 3-20% as a result of increased procurement costs, according to reports.
The price hike, to be reflected in nearly all of its 900 imported wines, will begin in September in a bid to offset higher shipment costs, rising fuel prices and tight supply and demand for grape juice.
Open pricing for wines and shochu is expected in September, when the brewer will stop paying sales incentives to retailers.
Yesterday (2 July) Sapporo Breweries said it will raise the prices of 33 wine products made in Japan by between 11 and 14%. The increase will apply to products that are domestically brewed but use imported grape juice.
Cadbury officially put its Australian soft drinks business up for sale this week following a strategic review of the business....
Asahi Breweries has lined up the acquisition of Cadbury's soft drinks business in Australia....
Canada's third largest brewer, Sleeman Breweries, is suing British Columbian microbrewer Dead Frog Brewery, accusing it of infringing the Sleeman trademark with its clear bottle design....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Diageo has confirmed that it is switching importers for its Guinness, Kilkenny and Smirnoff Ice brands in Japan....
View 10 of the top stories published on just-drinks this week....
Tsingtao Brewery has bought a 39% stake in the joint venture owned by fellow Chinese brewer Yantai and Japanese brewer Asahi....
Asahi Breweries has posted a healthy lift in net profit for the year so far, as reduced costs offset slowing sales....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends