JAPAN: Asahi Breweries to consolidate production - report
Asahi Breweries will combine its production systems with those of subsidiary Nikka Whisky Distilling Co to centrally manage ingredient inventories at their 16 breweries and distilling facilities, according to local reports.
The unification is expected to help reduce disposals of unused ingredients, cutting annual costs by about JPY500m (US$4.7m).
The new JPY2.5bn system will be made by Fujitsu and will eventually include all its domestic liquor operations in the system, the reports said.
The consolidation will involve a centralised management team to make it easier to adjust inventories based on the intensity of production activities. Ingredient and material codes will be standardised to make combined purchases easier.
Earlier this month the Japanese beer maker announced it is to issue JPY70bn (US$675m) of convertible bonds, with some of the funds raised to be used to buy back shares.
The company said it would issue JPY35bn worth of bonds due in 2023, and a further JPY35bn worth due in 2028.
Vijay Mallya, owner of the UB Group, sits astride an enormous business empire which includes some of the largest drinks operations in one of the world's most exciting emerging markets. In the second p...
Diageo has re-iterated its confidence that the group's Reserve collection of super premium spirits brands will stand firm against a global economic downturn....
Pernod Ricard Thailand has signed a sponsorship deal for its 100 Pipers Scotch whisky brand in the country....
The European Parliament has amended incoming European Union (EU) duty-free legislation so air passengers making transfer flights within the EU ahead of a final flight to a non-EU airport can buy duty-...
Burn Stewart has released the first global travel retail exclusive from its Bunnahabhain Scotch whisky portfolio....
Germany-based liqueur producer and distributor Berentzen Gruppe has appointed Admiral Imports as its US importer with effect from January....
The chief executive of the Scotch Whisky Association has called for a more rational tax structure in India, attacking the country for its "Byzantine" state tax systems....
Glenfiddich, distributed by First Drinks Brands, is investing in a GBP1m (US$1.5m) UK marketing campaign in a bid to boost Christmas sales....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review