JAPAN: Asahi Breweries to acquire liquor business
Japan's number one beer producer, Asahi Breweries Ltd, has negotiated to buy the low-alcohol and shochu (distilled liquor) businesses of chemical firm Asahi Kasei Corp, the two companies announced today, for between ¥3bn and ¥4bn (US$22.7-30m). The acquisition will be completed sometime in the current business year, when the production and development operations will be transferred to Asahi Breweries' liquor-making unit.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk