AUS: Asahi Breweries still in talks to buy P&N - report
Asahi Breweries was blocked from buying P&N Beverages last month
Asahi Breweries remains committed to acquiring P&N Beverages Australia, according to reports.
Asahi's president, Naoki Izumiya, was reported by Bloomberg yesterday (11 May) to have said that it would like to conclude the acquisition "within the legal framework", as first planned. He did not disclose a completion date.
Last month, the company, which already owns Schweppes Australia, was blocked from buying P&N Beverages by Australia's Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC). The watchdog said that Asahi's acquisition of privately-held P&N would significantly dent competition in the Australian CSD sector.
Schweppes Australia is the country's second biggest soft drinks player, although the market is dominated by Coca-Cola Amatil.
An alliance announced this morning (4 November) between PepsiCo and Tingyi Holding has been hailed by analysts as a smart move for both firms, and a signal that competition is set to intensify in Chin...
Lower costs have helped Asahi Group Holdings to increase nine-month profits, despite a drop in net sales for the period....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future