JAPAN: Asahi Breweries completes soft drinks tender offer
Asahi Breweries is set to turn its soft drinks unit into a fully-owned division, following the closure of its tender offer.
The Japanese company said yesterday (6 December) that it has completed the offer to acquire the remaining shares it did not already own in Asahi Soft Drinks. Asahi Breweries said in October that it would offer JPY2,120 per share for the outstanding shares. The offer cost Asahi Breweries JPY51.57bn (US$461.9m).
The brewer now owns 97.44% of Asahi Soft Drinks' shares, up from 51.18% prior to the tender.
Earlier this year, Asahi posted a 9.9% rise in group net profit for the first nine months of 2007, which came in at JPY34.12bn. The increase came on the back of growing sales, up by 1.7% to JPY1.08 trillion.
The Master Kong brand has outperformed domestic and international competitors alike in the Chinese RTD tea category and is also diversifying into new beverage sectors, extending an already multi-facet...
InBev has confirmed the pending arrival of three of its beer brands in the Japanese market....
Asahi Breweries will combine its production systems with those of subsidiary Nikka Whisky Distilling Co to centrally manage ingredient inventories at their 16 breweries and distilling facilities, acco...
Beer shipment by Japan's five largest brewers fell 11.3% to a combined 245,666 kilolitres in April from a year earlier, due to price hikes by brewery giant Asahi....
Japanese beer maker Asahi Breweries has announced it is to issue JPY70bn (US$675m) of convertible bonds, with some of the funds raised to be used to buy back shares....
Asahi Breweries is considering buying a stake in Vietnam's Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corp. (Sabeco), according to reports....
Kirin Holdings and Sapporo Holdings are looking to merge their beer distribution in the north of Japan, according to local reports....
Domestic shipments of beer and beer-like products in Japan registered a fall in the first three months of 2008, according to recent figures....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review