GERMANY: A&S sales on the slide in 2004
Apollinaris & Schweppes (A&S) has seen sales fall in the first five months of this year, the company announced yesterday. A&S has posted a fall in sales for January to May of almost 10% year-on-year.
The company blamed the decrease on the competition between brands in non-returnable packages following the introduction of compulsory can and bottle deposits in the country last year.
Going forward, A&S expects sales to remain stable, following the introduction of new equipment, the launch of new packages and the effects of price hikes in 2003.
While overall unit sales of mineral water and beverages in Germany rose by 1% year-on-year in the first five months of 2004, the average price per litre is falling.
In 1991, Cadbury Schweppes, together with Apollinaris Brunnen AG, set up a joint venture named Apollinaris & Schweppes, with CS holding a 28% stake in Apollinaris & Schweppes and 50% of the company's voting rights. At the end of 2002, CS acquired 100% of the shares of the joint venture and established Apollinaris & Schweppes GmbH.
There's nothing else like it in the just-drinks calendar. Three days, one venue and almost all our contacts, clients and collaborators under one roof. This year's London International Wine & Spirit Fa...
Cadbury Schweppes has agreed to sell its European beverages business....
PepsiCo has refused to comment on reports linking the company with a bid for Cadbury Schweppes' soft drink business....
The European arm of drinks group Cadbury Schweppes is expected to be sold next month for around GBP1.1bn ($1.9bn), according to press reports....
UK-based soft drinks to sweets group Cadbury Schweppes has issued a trading update ahead of an investor seminar to be held in Dallas, Texas on 10 and 11 October....
Cadbury Schweppes is moving ever closer to selling off its European soft drinks business, according to German press reports....
Rumours are circling that Cadbury Schweppes' soft drinks business may be merged with Britvic....
AG Barr has agreed a new long-term contract with Cadbury Schweppes for the production, marketing and sale of the Orangina brand....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits