CANADA: Arrowhead continues trimming losses in Q1
Arrowhead Water has continued to eat into its losses in its first quarter.
The Canadian home and office delivery company announced late last week that the net loss for the first three months of its fiscal year came in at C$44,867 (US$38,035), compared to C$152,760 in the corresponding period a year earlier.
Sales for the three months to 31 December were up slightly to C$2.15m from C$1.95m.
"The water industry continues to provide many opportunities for growth and advancement," the company said. "Arrowhead has embarked upon a number of new initiatives that will drive the company as an innovator and leader in the water business in Western Canada."
Earlier this year, Arrowhead posted full-year results to 30 September showing losses being trimmed to C$193,084 compared to C$838,671 a year earlier. The company forecast at the time that sales growth going forward would increase "substantially" year-on-year.
The health attributes of bottled water seem incontrovertible but the environmental issues surrounding the production and marketing of bottled water have opened what might have been viewed as a blamele...
Water is a growth area in the soft drinks market, and Nestlé has been a key player in this fast-expanding category. But the Swiss food and drinks giant has particularly high hopes for its Pure Life br...
Arrowhead Water has posted a loss in its third quarter, while sales remained flat in the period....
Arrowhead has redesigned its half litre bottle using 30% less plastic than the average half litre plastic beverage container in an effort to maintain an eco-friendly company....
Nestle Waters is set to buy a water production facility in the US, according to local reports....
Arrowhead Water Products has added three senior managers to the company....
Nestle Waters North America has introduced an environmentally-friendly bottle that weighs 15% less than those sold today....
Australian water producer Refresh Group has narrowed its first-half losses thanks to growing sales and the acquisition of a key customer....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report