US: Arreola in Who’s Your Daddy deal
US energy drinks company Who's Your Daddy (WYD) has signed an endorsement deal with heavyweight boxer Chris Arreola.
The deal, struck days before Arreola's 11 April fight against Jameel McCline in Las Vegas, will see him wear the company's brand logo on his shorts during fights.
The endorsement represents an "aggressive" move into the sport of boxing by an energy drink company, WYD said today (9 April).
Leigh Steinberg, Arreola's marketing agent, said the signing of Arreola has major significance in the industry. "The link between professional fighters and a premium sustained energy source makes perfect sense. It is easy to imagine the association of energy drinks and professional boxers becoming a trend in the sport of boxing."
Sectors: Soft drinks
As the attacks on the soft drinks and bottled water industries grow increasingly vocal around the world, companies in the two categories have looked to products offering whatever the consumer wants. M...
There is always a bubble inflating somewhere. Right now that somewhere appears to be the soft drinks market. Intense interest among Japanese buyers has created an opportunity for US private-equity fir...
There's a new impulse buy opportunity for retailers and an energy/nutrition fix for consumers in the form of a niche, but growing category - the shot. Annette Farr considers the category, and takes a ...
Sales of sports and energy drinks in the UK are set to hit the GBP1bn (US$1.6bn) mark in 2009, according to new research by Mintel....
AS Liviko has completed a production investment which will see the company look to begin exporting to Japan....
Coca-Cola's Spanish unit is considering launching a new energy drink in the country to tap into a growing market where brands such as Monster and Hell have launched recently, a Madrid-based analyst to...
See the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Red Bull has criticised two Swedish retail chains after they announced a plan to ban energy drinks sales to children under the age of 15, citing health concerns....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts