UK: Arran Brewery appoints international marketing manager
Arran Brewery has continued its expansion drive with the appointment of an international marketing manager.
Veronica Michaluk, who is manager of the company's brewery site, took on the newly-created post this month, it said today (9 January). Michaluk, who will now fulfil both roles, has already hired a salesperson for southern Europe, Luis Romero Pascual, who will oversee the company's new distribution deal with Hofbrau Munchen brewery, signed last month.
A Scottish Enterprise scheme will pay 50% of Michaluk's wages for the first year, Arran said.
Arran chief executive Gerald Michaluk, who is Veronica's father, told just-drinks he stayed out of the selection process to avoid a conflict of interest. He said: “There's no way we could find a better candidate for the job - the person who already runs the brewery and speaks German.”
Michaluk added that the company is looking to appoint more sales representatives around the world.
Veronica Michaluk will be based in the Rosebank distillery in Falkirk, which Arran bought in November. It followed the announcement of a merger with fellow Scottish micro-brewery The Isle of Skye Brewing Company.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends