UK: Arniston Bay wines to get FIFA World Cup promo
Arniston Bay to offer free footballs
The Company of Wine People will give away branded footballs and run price promotions as part of a UK marketing campaign for its Arniston Bay wine brand during the FIFA World Cup.
The South Africa-based group is preparing a three-month World Cup campaign for Arniston Bay in the UK that will run from 10 May. The World Cup takes place in South Africa over June and July.
South African producers are hoping to use England's involvement in the tournament to build on their recent surge in the UK.
The Company of Wine People said today (23 April) that it will offer a free Arniston Bay branded football inside every six-bottle case of Arniston Bay Originals.
It said that the entire Arniston Bay portfolio will also be on price promotion "throughout the summer".
"Despite the current economic difficulties, we have seen strong sales success for Arniston Bay," said Barney Davis, brand & business development manager for The Company of Wine People.
A deal with convenience store owner Musgrave group will give consumers the chance to wine a beach holiday to South Arica. Bottles of Arniston Bay Originals will sport a neck collar with details on how to enter the competition online via a specially constructed web page on the Arniston Bay website.
There will also be on-pack marketing to help the brand stand out in the cash & carry sector, as well as trade and consumer press advertising.
In the grocery sector, Arniston Bay will be part of a broader World Cup campaign to be run by trade body Wines of South Africa.
South African wines increased their share of the UK off-trade to 12.3% for the 12 months to 26 December, against 10.4% in 2008, Wines of South Africa said in January.
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits