UK: Arniston Bay launches premium wine range in UK
Arniston Bay is to launch a new range of premium wines on the UK market.
The single varietal wines, named Limite Release and comprising a shiraz 2007 and a sauvignon blanc 2008, went on sale this week exclusively in Co-op stores around the UK, the South African wine producer said yesterday (26 August).
In an apparent move to educate consumers and encourage them to trade up, the wines will be discounted at 50%, or GBP3.99 (US$7.37), until 14 September. The range's RRP is GBP7.99.
Barney Davis, brand and business development manager, said: "The Limited Release range is a high quality premium wine made with finest grapes sourced from the Western Cape. We are delighted to launch it exclusively with a retail partner who shares our commitment to the highest quality produce at fair prices for the customer."
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends