Armit Wines poaches Berry Bros & Rudd's Kirsten Kilby
Kilby will join Armit Wines in October
The global marketing head for UK wine & spririts group Berry Bros & Rudd has been appointed managing director of rival Armit Wines.
Kirsten Kilby, who also served as the CEO of the Berry Bros wine unit, takes on the new role in October. She will replace Mike Laing, who leaves the company "by mutual agreement", Armit said.
Kilby has experience outside of the alcohol industry, having previously held senior marketing and communications roles at LVMH's TAG Heuer, Aquascutum, Nicole Farhi/French Connection and Paul Smith.
"The breadth of her experience both within the wine industry and in the wider luxury goods arena will bring great value to the business, its customers and its suppliers," Armit chairman Dominic Collier said.
Kilby leaves Berry Bros about a year after the company appointed Tesco's former group wine director, Dan Jago, as chief executive. In 2014, Jago, along with several other executives, was suspended from Tesco amid an investigation by the UK Financial Conduct Authority. He was later reinstated.
Wine Producers (UK) - Industry Report
Plimsoll Publishing’s Wine Producers (UK) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the UK Wine Producers (UK) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 70 companies, including...read more
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends