ARMENIA: Armenia sees soaring vodka production
The volume of vodka produced in Armenia is increasing at a rapid pace and outstripping all other alcoholic drinks, reported the BBC monitoring service.Data from the National Statistical Service show a 110% increase since last year with 4,889,000 litres of vodka being produced in the republic in the first half of 2000. In the same period, 791,000 litres of brandy were produced, which is 120% higher than last year's indicator.But the Yerevan brandy distillery is still in the lead, producing 710,000 litres of brandy in seven months of the current year. The production of wine was 1,126,000 litres in the first six months, increasing by only 9.3% and the volume of beer produced hardly changed at all in the first half of the year and stood at 3,366,000 litres.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research