ARMENIA: Armenia sees soaring vodka production
The volume of vodka produced in Armenia is increasing at a rapid pace and outstripping all other alcoholic drinks, reported the BBC monitoring service.Data from the National Statistical Service show a 110% increase since last year with 4,889,000 litres of vodka being produced in the republic in the first half of 2000. In the same period, 791,000 litres of brandy were produced, which is 120% higher than last year's indicator.But the Yerevan brandy distillery is still in the lead, producing 710,000 litres of brandy in seven months of the current year. The production of wine was 1,126,000 litres in the first six months, increasing by only 9.3% and the volume of beer produced hardly changed at all in the first half of the year and stood at 3,366,000 litres.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends