ARMENIA: Armenia sees soaring vodka production
The volume of vodka produced in Armenia is increasing at a rapid pace and outstripping all other alcoholic drinks, reported the BBC monitoring service.Data from the National Statistical Service show a 110% increase since last year with 4,889,000 litres of vodka being produced in the republic in the first half of 2000. In the same period, 791,000 litres of brandy were produced, which is 120% higher than last year's indicator.But the Yerevan brandy distillery is still in the lead, producing 710,000 litres of brandy in seven months of the current year. The production of wine was 1,126,000 litres in the first six months, increasing by only 9.3% and the volume of beer produced hardly changed at all in the first half of the year and stood at 3,366,000 litres.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer