ARMENIA: Armenia sees soaring vodka production
The volume of vodka produced in Armenia is increasing at a rapid pace and outstripping all other alcoholic drinks, reported the BBC monitoring service.Data from the National Statistical Service show a 110% increase since last year with 4,889,000 litres of vodka being produced in the republic in the first half of 2000. In the same period, 791,000 litres of brandy were produced, which is 120% higher than last year's indicator.But the Yerevan brandy distillery is still in the lead, producing 710,000 litres of brandy in seven months of the current year. The production of wine was 1,126,000 litres in the first six months, increasing by only 9.3% and the volume of beer produced hardly changed at all in the first half of the year and stood at 3,366,000 litres.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends