SOUTH AFRICA: Armed robbery at Coke plant
A plant operated by South African Coke bottler Coca-Cola ABI in Phoenix, north of Durban, was subject to an armed robbery on Wednesday (31 October), according to a police report.
The amount of money stolen has not been disclosed. Gunfire was exchanged between the robbers and security guards but no injuries were reported.
The police are said to be hunting six men who took part in the raid.
If Coca-Cola Company CEO Neville Isdell thought the impending end of his tenure would allow him to bow out of his last AGM as CEO peacefully, he would have been sorely disappointed....
The Cognac market - or at least the VSOP-and-above part of it - is riding the crest of a wave and will be finding it increasingly difficult to meet demand. But having seen booms and busts before, Chri...
As a practical, economical and lightweight packaging medium, polyethylene terephthalate (PET) is without peer and has become widely used by soft drinks producers. But as environmental pressures have g...
Coca-Cola Enterprises has confirmed its latest quarterly dividend....
The former president and COO of Coca-Cola Bottling Philadelphia has joined the board of Skinny Nutrional Corp. in the US....
The Coca-Cola Co. and Illycaffè have finalised their global joint venture, kickstarting it with the launch of three premium RTD coffee products across a number of European markets....
Coca-Cola has removed the artificial sweetener sodium cyclamate from the formula for Coke Zero in Mexico....
Heineken has announced that Mary Minnick, a partner in UK-based venture capital group Lion Capital, is to join its Supervisory Board....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018