UK: Argento launches sampling campaign
The Argento Wine Company has launched a consumer sampling campaign in the UK to promote its flagship Argento wines.
The Argento Wine Company was formed last year, through a joint venture between Bibendum Wine, Bodegas Esmeralda and the International Wine Investment Fund of Australia.
The winery hopes to reach 0.5m people over the next 6 months, through tasting at consumer events and three mainline railway stations - London Victoria, Leeds and Manchester.
Argento is also using display and promotional material to build awareness of its new Malbec and Chardonnay wines, with the strap-line 'Argento - the real Argentina'.
"We have worked hard to develop outstanding wines from the Mendoza region that show the quality that Argentina is capable of. With our strong UK distribution, we feel that the time is now right to engage directly with consumers, raising awareness of Argento and Argentina as a wine producing country," said Amelia Nolan, general manager of Argento Wine Company.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends