UK: Argento launches sampling campaign
The Argento Wine Company has launched a consumer sampling campaign in the UK to promote its flagship Argento wines.
The Argento Wine Company was formed last year, through a joint venture between Bibendum Wine, Bodegas Esmeralda and the International Wine Investment Fund of Australia.
The winery hopes to reach 0.5m people over the next 6 months, through tasting at consumer events and three mainline railway stations - London Victoria, Leeds and Manchester.
Argento is also using display and promotional material to build awareness of its new Malbec and Chardonnay wines, with the strap-line 'Argento - the real Argentina'.
"We have worked hard to develop outstanding wines from the Mendoza region that show the quality that Argentina is capable of. With our strong UK distribution, we feel that the time is now right to engage directly with consumers, raising awareness of Argento and Argentina as a wine producing country," said Amelia Nolan, general manager of Argento Wine Company.
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK