NORWAY/US: Arcus switches Vikingfjord US importer
Arcus has appointed Kobrand Corp as US importer of Vikingfjord
Norway-based Arcus has appointed Kobrand Corp as US importer of its Vikingfjord vodka brand.
Kobrand Corp will take over from current importer Capstone from 1 August, a spokesperson for Arcus told just-drinks today (31 May). Vikingfjord, which has been available in the US since 2001, will be the only vodka in Kobrand's import portfolio.
"Capstone is a small family-owned firm based in Florida which has helped us in a good and effective way over the last few years," the spokesperson said. "However, it is a very small organisation based on a broker network. Kobrand was chosen for its market penetration, market clout, strength and manpower, as well as for the financial backing.
"In order to grow our brand further, we felt we had to evaluate all of our options in the US market to help us elevate the brand to a much higher level."
Arcus' other brands include Linie Aquavit, Braastad Cognac, Hammer Gin and Upper Ten Whisky.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Comment - SABMiller and Diageo: A Tie-Up Too Far
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- SABMiller launches Grolsch in a jar - video