US: Aquamantra rolls-out 100% biodegradable bottle
US bottled water company Aquamantra has launched a 100% biodegradable bottle at the Natural Products Expo West in Anaheim, California.
The Aquamantra Enso bottle will be available for shipment to store shelves in May, the company said yesterday (8 March).
The bottles are not PLA, are not oxo-degradable, and is a FDA approved 'food grade' PET 1 bottle. They maintain the same properties as traditional PET and can be 'intermingled' with standard PET in recycling streams and programmes, the company said.
"Aquamantra strongly believes that consumers are entitled to choices as to what water they want to drink, which should include easy opportunities to be earth-friendly," said founder and president Alexandra Teklak. "I didn't want to find just any solution, I wanted to find a solution that worked for everyone."
Environmental concerns over PET packaging have hit the bottled water market, but technological advances in biodegradable plastics have given bottled water companies cause for optimism. Annette Farr re...
This year, the words 'all-natural' have been appearing on more and more soft drinks labels, a reflection not only of the growing well-being trend, but also a sign that drinks producers are responding ...
The Chinese soft drinks sector has been showing consistent growth for a number of years, fuelled by broadening consumer tastes. Ray Rowlands of beverage research company Canadean takes a look at a lar...
Environmental concerns have climbed steadily up the agenda for soft drinks producers in recent years. However, Annette Farr writes, progress has been faster in the UK than in the US....
Royal Unibrew, the Danish brewer, is to sell its shares in its Dominica, St. Vincent and Antigua breweries to Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana (CND) in a bid to reduce its debt....
Boisset Family Estates, the Burgundy-based wine and spirits maker, has purchased Raymond Vineyard & Cellar from Kirin Holdings....
Sutter Home Winery has teamed up with Ball Corporation to switch all of its 187ml wine offerings to PET in the US....
Heaven Hill Distilleries has lined up the off-trade launch of a range of pre-mixed cocktails in the US....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research