US: Aquamantra rolls-out 100% biodegradable bottle
US bottled water company Aquamantra has launched a 100% biodegradable bottle at the Natural Products Expo West in Anaheim, California.
The Aquamantra Enso bottle will be available for shipment to store shelves in May, the company said yesterday (8 March).
The bottles are not PLA, are not oxo-degradable, and is a FDA approved 'food grade' PET 1 bottle. They maintain the same properties as traditional PET and can be 'intermingled' with standard PET in recycling streams and programmes, the company said.
"Aquamantra strongly believes that consumers are entitled to choices as to what water they want to drink, which should include easy opportunities to be earth-friendly," said founder and president Alexandra Teklak. "I didn't want to find just any solution, I wanted to find a solution that worked for everyone."
Environmental concerns over PET packaging have hit the bottled water market, but technological advances in biodegradable plastics have given bottled water companies cause for optimism. Annette Farr re...
This year, the words 'all-natural' have been appearing on more and more soft drinks labels, a reflection not only of the growing well-being trend, but also a sign that drinks producers are responding ...
The Chinese soft drinks sector has been showing consistent growth for a number of years, fuelled by broadening consumer tastes. Ray Rowlands of beverage research company Canadean takes a look at a lar...
Environmental concerns have climbed steadily up the agenda for soft drinks producers in recent years. However, Annette Farr writes, progress has been faster in the UK than in the US....
Royal Unibrew, the Danish brewer, is to sell its shares in its Dominica, St. Vincent and Antigua breweries to Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana (CND) in a bid to reduce its debt....
Boisset Family Estates, the Burgundy-based wine and spirits maker, has purchased Raymond Vineyard & Cellar from Kirin Holdings....
Sutter Home Winery has teamed up with Ball Corporation to switch all of its 187ml wine offerings to PET in the US....
Heaven Hill Distilleries has lined up the off-trade launch of a range of pre-mixed cocktails in the US....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends