USA: AquaClara Announces New Management Team, Litigation Resolution and Company Re-direction
AquaClara named E. Douglas Cifers as the new chairman of the board and successor of Chairman and CEO Emanuel Mersis, who resigned June 5, 2000, to pursue personal interests. Company President Jack Plunkett has assumed title and duties of CEO upon Mersis' departure and continues to oversee daily operations.
AquaClara also announced the new management team has arranged for dismissal of breach of contract and shareholder derivative action suits recently brought against the company, allowing management to focus on AquaClara's growth and development.
Cifers, owner/publisher of Florida Media, Inc., Florida's largest statewide magazine publishing company, including Florida Living Magazine, has been called a "hard-charging entrepreneur with a flair for promotion" by The Wall Street Journal (March 1998). As chairman, he brings proven effective and innovative marketing prowess to promote AquaClara's Oxygen-Enriched Bottled Water to a broad consumer market.
Cifers is working closely with Plunkett to increase distribution of the company's 800 percent oxygen-enriched, purified drinking water through unique marketing strategies and establish frequent communications with AquaClara's shareholders. "The two driving forces behind AquaClara are its exceptional product -- one of the purest on the market -- and its people," Cifers said. "The company will maximize its resources in both areas. Also, one of our goals is to post frequent management reports and releases on AquaClara's website to let shareholders, marketing partners and consumers know what we are accomplishing for them."
"Doug Cifers defines the term 'entrepreneur,"' Plunkett said. "Appointing him as AquaClara's Chairman allows us to expand in directions we never dreamed of."
Under Cifers, Florida Living Magazine became the only statewide lifestyle publication in the Sunshine State, with nearly 200,000 monthly subscribers, and transformed from "a stagnant, family-run publication into Florida's largest statewide magazine" (The Wall Street Journal, March 1998). Florida Living also has received national attention via unique promotional coups. For example, during the O.J. Simpson murder trial, Cifers convinced Judge Lance Ito to allow sequestered jurors to read Florida Living, garnering a four- minute evening news story and newspaper accounts.
Cifers' strategic marketing partnership with AquaClara and Visit Florida started in December 1999 when AquaClara/FLA USA branded water debuted as a first of its kind. The branded water is featured monthly in Florida Living, Florida Naturalist, Florida Fishing & Boating, Florida Spring Training Guide, Real Florida, Florida Motorsports, and Florida Sports & Fitness magazines.
In addition to management appointments, AquaClara announced the resignation of board members John Thomas, Carl Evans and Michael Potopaw.
Plunkett added, "The re-direction and re-appointment of AquaClara's upper management is an excellent opportunity for the company. AquaClara will now charge forward with fresh ideas and new management techniques. We're excited about the diverse distribution plans in development and dynamic, entrepreneurial spirit of our new management team."
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends