UK: April’s new beverage products listed
Boisset America, Carlsberg and Glanbia head up this month's new products releases, according to Datamonitor's Productscan database.
Boisset America has launched a Tetra Pak prism for its wines in the US and Canada. The carton-style packaging, thought to be the first time French wine has been presented in this type, holds a third more liquid than traditional wine bottles and can be flattened into the recycling bin.
ShotPak, meanwhile, has released a single shot of flavoured liqueur contained in a plastic pouch. The product, also called ShotPak, is aimed especially at frequent flyers.
Carlsberg has this month launched its DraughtMaster Plastic Keg in Denmark, Norway, Portugal and Sweden. The keg offers consumers draught beer at home, and keeps beer fresher for longer, the company claims, by using a process which bars oxygen from entering the keg.
A new range of shot-size functional yogurt drinks has been rolled out in Ireland. Glanbia, the company behind Yoplait Essence, says that the range of functional drinks provides specific health benefits to consumers, and is designed to meet the health concerns of an aging Irish population.
In Japan, Nippon Dairy Community has launched Megmilk drinking milk, which is said to have a better flavour than conventional milk. The product uses a low-temperature de-aeration process, which removes oxygen and therefore prevents oxidation. The carton is also said to protect the milk from heat and light which can damage its flavour, by using a special type of ink. Megmilk has a refrigerated storage life of 13 days.
Productscan Online, published by Datamonitor, is the world's largest and longest-running NPD database.
InBev has refused to comment on reports that it is considering a bid for a stake in Beijing Yanjing Brewery....
Carlsberg has received the go-ahead to set up a subsidiary in India, according to local reports....
Carlsberg has renewed its sponsorship with European Champions League winners Liverpool....
Carlsberg has set up an investment joint venture in the north-west of China, according to local reports....
A new CEO has been appointed at one of Carlsberg's companies....
Diageo has revealed plans to increase beer prices in Ireland....
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research