US: Appleton Rum receives makeover
Appleton Estate Jamaica Rum has unveiled a new look for Appleton V/X and Appleton Extra.
The focus of the upgrade was on the cartouche and label, while small refinements were also made to the stel cap. The signature proprietary bottle, a hallmark of the Appleton Estate brand, remains the same.
"The new packaging is an evolution for the Appleton Estate rums expressing the line's key values of quality, consistency and heritage," said Chuck Shive, national brand manager, Appleton Jamaica Rums. "The enhancements will only have a positive effect at the point of purchase."
The label shows a contemporary version of the Appleton Estate Jamaica Rum scroll and the artists' expression of the Estate scene, which is the icon of the Appleton Estate Jamaica Rum range.
"Appleton is the growth brand of the premium rum category," said Shive. "Even as we continue to enhance our packaging, consumers will still be able to enjoy the same award-winning rum passed down and produced by each generation of Master Blender."
The new Appleton Estate packaging will be rolled out across the US this fall. The 750ml bottle of Appleton V/X has a suggested retail price of US$16.99, while the ultra-premium Appleton Extra retails for US$29.99. The limited edition luxury brand, Appleton Estate 21 Year Old (US$89.99), will receive a separate package treatment and has not been included in this upgrade.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends