US: Appleton Rum receives makeover
Appleton Estate Jamaica Rum has unveiled a new look for Appleton V/X and Appleton Extra.
The focus of the upgrade was on the cartouche and label, while small refinements were also made to the stel cap. The signature proprietary bottle, a hallmark of the Appleton Estate brand, remains the same.
"The new packaging is an evolution for the Appleton Estate rums expressing the line's key values of quality, consistency and heritage," said Chuck Shive, national brand manager, Appleton Jamaica Rums. "The enhancements will only have a positive effect at the point of purchase."
The label shows a contemporary version of the Appleton Estate Jamaica Rum scroll and the artists' expression of the Estate scene, which is the icon of the Appleton Estate Jamaica Rum range.
"Appleton is the growth brand of the premium rum category," said Shive. "Even as we continue to enhance our packaging, consumers will still be able to enjoy the same award-winning rum passed down and produced by each generation of Master Blender."
The new Appleton Estate packaging will be rolled out across the US this fall. The 750ml bottle of Appleton V/X has a suggested retail price of US$16.99, while the ultra-premium Appleton Extra retails for US$29.99. The limited edition luxury brand, Appleton Estate 21 Year Old (US$89.99), will receive a separate package treatment and has not been included in this upgrade.
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- ForEx bites, but Heineken hails strong 2016
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends