US: Appleton Estate rolls out rum ad campaign
Jamaican rum distiller Appleton Estate is to launch a print campaign in the US aimed at attracting premium Scotch and whisky drinkers.
Carrying the tagline 'Sip Up', the print campaign breaks in the June issue magazines such as Men's Journal, GQ, Esquire, Out, Fast Company, Black Enterprise, Robb Report and Wired.
"We've seen a heightened consumer demand for a more flavourful and complex taste experience, which plays perfectly to our Appleton Estate distilled rums," said John Pennacchio, director of spirits at Kobrand Corporation.
"We feel this campaign serves notice to Scotch, whisky and other drinkers that rum - and Appleton Estate Rum in particular - is as sophisticated as those classic entities."
One ad says: "Looking for a good Scotch? May we suggest a rum." Another declares: "It spent 12 years in a barrel. The last thing it wants to see is the inside of a blender."
In addition to magazine print ads, the campaign will also include out-of-home ads, internet advertising and interactive digital elements. Television commercials are being considered for 2010.
Recent figures from drinks heavyweights Pernod Ricard and Diageo suggest that premium Scotch whisky sales are suffering in the economic dowturn....
The Edrington Group has announced the closure of one of its facilities in Scotland....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The Scotch Whisky Association would accept a ban on alcohol sales below tax in place of a plan to introduce minimum pricing on drinks, the trade body has said....
Diageo India's head offices have been visited by customs and revenue officials in the country....
Pernod Ricard has announced a global extension of the 'Leave an Impression' advertising platform for the 12 year old variant of Ballantine's Scotch whisky....
A bottle of The Dalmore Oculus Scotch whisky containing malts distilled more than 140 years ago has been sold for GBP27,600 (US$46,000) at auction....
Pernod Ricard's The Glenlivet Cellar Collection 1973...
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020