Product Launch - GLOBAL: Appleton Estate Jamaica Rum's Jamaica Independence Reserve
Click through to view Appleton Estate Jamaica Rum's Jamaica Independence Reserve
Appleton Estate Jamaica Rum's Jamaica Independence Reserve
Category – Spirits, rum, Jamaica, 50 years old, 45% abv
Available – From 7 June
Location – Initially in Jamaica and then rolled out to Appleton's about 50 markets around the world
Price – US$5,000 per 75cl bottle
Appleton Estate has launched a limited-edition run of Jamaica Independence Reserve, a 50-year-old rum the company said is the oldest available rum on sale in the world.
Appleton has offered 800 bottles to distributors in the about 50 markets it operates in globally. Each bottle will cost US$5,000. The release celebrates the 50th anniversary of Jamaica's independence from Great Britain.
“The Appleton Estate 50 Year Old Jamaica Rum will be sold on allocation globally through select, specialist premium retailers, exclusive style and classic on-premise partner accounts and select duty free stores around the world,” said Andy Holmes, Appleton chief operating officer. “It will be available for sale in Jamaica immediately after the launch on 7 June and will then be rolled out in key markets around the world.”
The rum is packaged in a hand crafted, crystal decanter with Jamaica’s national colours and symbols. It has a gold-finished brass and cork stopper and is presented in a black lacquered gift box with brass hinges. It includes a commemorative booklet on Jamaica’s independence.
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends