Product Launch - GLOBAL: Appleton Estate Jamaica Rum's Jamaica Independence Reserve
Click through to view Appleton Estate Jamaica Rum's Jamaica Independence Reserve
Appleton Estate Jamaica Rum's Jamaica Independence Reserve
Category – Spirits, rum, Jamaica, 50 years old, 45% abv
Available – From 7 June
Location – Initially in Jamaica and then rolled out to Appleton's about 50 markets around the world
Price – US$5,000 per 75cl bottle
Appleton Estate has launched a limited-edition run of Jamaica Independence Reserve, a 50-year-old rum the company said is the oldest available rum on sale in the world.
Appleton has offered 800 bottles to distributors in the about 50 markets it operates in globally. Each bottle will cost US$5,000. The release celebrates the 50th anniversary of Jamaica's independence from Great Britain.
“The Appleton Estate 50 Year Old Jamaica Rum will be sold on allocation globally through select, specialist premium retailers, exclusive style and classic on-premise partner accounts and select duty free stores around the world,” said Andy Holmes, Appleton chief operating officer. “It will be available for sale in Jamaica immediately after the launch on 7 June and will then be rolled out in key markets around the world.”
The rum is packaged in a hand crafted, crystal decanter with Jamaica’s national colours and symbols. It has a gold-finished brass and cork stopper and is presented in a black lacquered gift box with brass hinges. It includes a commemorative booklet on Jamaica’s independence.
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review