SINGAPORE: APB updates senior management team
Asia Pacific Breweries has appointed five new senior staff to head up its management team.
The brewery said today (4 May) that it plans to promote a new team of five to begin in July.
While Dr Les Buckley will be responsible for profitability and business development activities in Malaysia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and Mongolia, Edmond Neo will take on the position of general manager, group commercial, responsible for brand development of all of APB's brands globally including Tiger, Anchor, ABC Stout and Baron's Strong Brew.
James Wong will oversee as general manager of Tiger Export for Singapore and will be accountable for the profitability of the Singapore brewery as well as all export markets.
Alan Gourdie, meanwhile, will move from the group's brewery in Singapore to become the managing director of Tiger Beer UK. Bennett Neo fills the role of general manager of the group's Singapore operations and will be responsible for its overall management of strategic and operational matters including sales, marketing, technical and business development reporting to James Wong.
APB recently reported plans to build four greenfield breweries in China, Mongolia, Laos and India, projects that will take its brewery count to 35 in 12 countries.
Sectors: Beer & cider
Heineken has distanced itself from speculation that it is looking to take over its partner in Asia, Fraser & Neave....
Carlsberg is set to take over the distribution of Modelo's Corona beer brand in Singapore and Malaysia from Asia Pacific Breweries....
Two of the four banks suing Asia Pacific Breweries have dropped their lawsuits against the brewer....
Asia Pacific Breweries fate is being decided due to four banks claiming the company owes them money after a former employee used funds for gambling....
Asia Pacific Breweries has seen its investments in new breweries take a chunk out of its third quarter profits....
Asia Pacific Breweries has announced some changes to its senior management team....
MCS-Asia Pacific Brewery, the partnership between Singapore's Asia Pacific Breweries (APB) and Eastern Asia's MCS Holdings (MCS), plans to brew Tiger beer in Mongolia....
Carlsberg has vowed to tough out the Cambodian beer market, despite the struggle to "change the mindset" of the country's consumers....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report