VIETNAM: APB unveils Hatay Brewery GM
Asia Pacific Breweries has confirmed the appointment of a new general manager at one of its breweries in Vietnam.
The company, a joint-venture between Fraser & Neave and Heineken, said yesterday (3 March) that Larry Lee Chio Lim assumed the position at Hatay Brewery Limited (HBL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of APB in north Vietnam, at the beginning of this month.
Lee replaces Kong Wai Tai, whose role at APB Hanoi was that of acting general manager. Kong will be redeployed to assume other duties within the APB group, a spokesperson for APB told just-drinks today.
As general manager, Lee will be responsible for the overall management of strategic and operational matters such as sales and commercial activities of the company's brands, technical and business development.
Lee first joined APB from 1989 to 1994 when he worked in the marketing departments in Singapore, Cambodia, Papua New Guinea, Vietnam and Thailand. Following an eight-year stint with Heineken, Lee rejoined APB's China operation in 2002, before spending the last five years in Vietnam Brewery Limited as commercial manager and then as business head of the central region.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Heineken-owned Scottish & Newcastle UK is axing Bulmers Pear on draught to concentrate on the bottled version....
Heineken sees substantial opportunities for further cost savings and will continue to prioritise this over potential acquisitions for the forseeable future, the brewer has said in its half-year result...
Heineken is closing on an end to its dispute with partner United Breweries in India....
Cost savings have helped Heineken to a 20% rise in net profits for the first half of 2009, despite a dip in like-for-like beer sales for the period....
On Wednesday (26 August), Heineken announces its first-half results....
Diageo is sourcing enough antiviral medicine Tamiflu for all of its employees worldwide, as it and other drinks firms ready pandemic flu strategies in response to the H1N1 'swine flu' virus....
Heineken has secured 'Official Beer' status for the Dos Equis beer brand at this year's Breeders' Cup World Championships in the US....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits