INDIA: APB secures remaining Aurangabad shares
Asia Pacific Breweries has acquired the outstanding stake in its Indian subsidiary, APB Aurangabad (APBA).
The company, a joint venture between Heineken and Fraser & Neave, confirmed today (4 August) that it bought the 24% stake from Chowgule & Company for INR153.1m (US$3.6m). The transaction will be funded through "external borrowings", APB said.
"The acquisition is not expected to have any material impact on the consolidated earnings for the current financial year, nor on the net tangible assets of the company," APB said.
Earlier this year, APB confirmed that it was looking to increase its presence in India, both through organic growth and acquisitions. The brewer currently has two breweries in India, one in Maharashtra, central India, while the second, greenfield brewery will open shortly in the southern state of Andhra Pradesh.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Belarus has emerged as an unlikely battleground for global brewers in early 2009, after Carlsberg has followed SABMiller in expressing its interest in the country's beer market....
Scottish & Newcastle UK (S&N UK) is taking over the marketing and distribution of Zywiec beer in the UK....
Heineken-owned brewer Beamish & Crawford is to lose the brewing and distribution licence for Miller Genuine Draft in Ireland, brand owner SABMiller has said....
Diageo has split its Continental Europe division into two units....
Scottish & Newcastle UK and Welsh brewer SA Brain have agreed a new partnership deal to cover distribution and brewing....
InBev UK is to be the exclusive beer supplier to Wembey Arena, after signing a two-year deal with owner Quintain Estates and Development....
Heineken has lined up a promotional push behind its namesake beer brand in the US....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future