CANADA: APB, Molson sign Tiger deal
Asia Pacific Breweries (APB) has teamed up with Molson in Canada.
The Singapore-based company, in which Heineken holds a 42% stake, said today (14 February) that Molson would distribute APB's flagship beer brand, Tiger, in Canada.
The agreement takes effect from 1 April. Financial details were not disclosed.
The alliance will enable Tiger to broaden its distribution coverage in the country, beyond its current heartlands of Ontario, British Columbia and Alberta.
"Canada is a market that offers exciting prospects for imported beer brands and one where we envision long-term growth for the Tiger brand," said Koh Poh Tiong, APB's CEO.
"We are pleased to be partnering Molson. With the further growth of the brand in the vast Canada beer market, it will certainly bring us another step closer to our vision of developing Tiger beer into the world's leading contemporary Asian beer brand."
APB is hoping to achieve greater penetration for Tiger into on-premise outlets such as up-market restaurants, bars and clubs in cities such as Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal.
Mark Hunter, chief commercial officer at Molson, added: "The partnership with Asia Pacific Breweries will allow us to continue to provide beer drinkers in Canada with a quality product that will meet their various preferences as well as drinking occasions."
Tiger is the first Asian beer in Molson's portfolio of imported brands.
Asia Pacific Breweries has seen its investments in new breweries take a chunk out of its third quarter profits....
Heineken has been given the all-clear to acquire Krusovice Brewery in the Czech Republic....
Asia Pacific Breweries has announced some changes to its senior management team....
Compania Cervecerias Unidas has posted an impressive leap in operating and net profit in the year so far....
InBev and SABMiller have had their share coverage raised....
Heineken has raised its forecast for organic net profit growth for the full-year....
Heineken has appointed a new managing director for its UK division....
Heineken NV has appointed of Stefan Orlowski as group commerce director, effective 1 October 1, 2007...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review