INDIA: APB launches Tiger beer in Mumbai
Asia Pacific Breweries Aurangabad Limited (APBAL), a subsidiary of Asia Pacific Breweries (APB), has unveiled the launch of its locally-brewed Tiger beer in Mumbai.
The company said today (16 April) that India is now the 10th country in the Asia Pacific region to brew its flagship brand, joining other markets including Singapore, Malaysia, China and Thailand.
Previously, Tiger beer has been imported into India but was only made available at exclusive premium outlets. However APBAL's new brewery, located in Aurangabad, Maharashtra, will make the brand more widely available at on- and off-trade outlets, the company said.
APB's regional director, South Asia and director, group business development Vivek Chhabra said: "In view of India's growing beer market, rising disposable incomes of the consumers and favourable demographics, it is timely that we now offer Tiger as a premium option to the many discerning Indian drinkers who are becoming increasingly experimental in making an informed choice."
APBL, Aurangabad's marketing manager Chetan Gupta added: "We shall focus on creating a premium proposition for Tiger. Our marketing efforts will be targeted towards building the brand's appeal among discerning young adults via slick communication, recruitment programmes as well as unique and engaging experiential platforms. We are confident that Tiger's quality and distinctive taste will resonate well with the Indian consumers while the marketing campaigns will work to win fans for Tiger, who would in turn, be the advocates for the brand for the future."
APBAL is set to establish "a significant presence" for Tiger in Mumbai and gradually rollout the brand to other parts of India, the company said. Tiger will begin rolling out in northern India first, starting with New Delhi, before spreading across southern India as well.
Sectors: Beer & cider
Asia Pacific Breweries has appointed a new deputy regional director....
Asia Pacific Breweries (APB) has appointed Koh Tai Hong as general manager for Cambodia Brewery (CBL)....
Asia Pacific Breweries has posted a "very satisfactory" set of results for its third quarter, despite a plunge in sales in China....
Asia Pacific Breweries has acquired the outstanding stake in its Indian subsidiary, APB Aurangabad (APBA)....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Gruppo Campari US unit head steps down
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018