SINGAPORE: APB launches ‘responsible drinking’ website
Asia Pacific Breweries (APB), the joint-venture between Heineken and Fraser & Neave, has launched a website dedicated to promoting and educating the public on responsible drinking.
Drink-Savvy.com is the first of its kind by an Asian brewer, APB said today (11 December), and aims to actively involve stakeholders in the Asia Pacific region to "learn about, value and enjoy drinking responsibly".
"We want to do more than merely educate stakeholders, provide practical information about alcohol and describe how we can use it responsibly," said Roland Pirmez, CEO of APB.
"We believe it is important that we engage consumers to adopt positive drinking attitudes and to practise responsible drinking through Drink-Savvy.com and its related activities."
The website features facts about alcohol and its effects on the body through the section 'Alcohol Savvy' and advice on drinking responsibly via 'Savvy Tips'.
Late last month, just-drinks reported on the ways drinks firms are hoping to avoid a global call for "extreme" legislation to tackle alcohol abuse by outlining the ways industry can help to tackle the problem.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future