SINGAPORE: APB launches ‘responsible drinking’ website
Asia Pacific Breweries (APB), the joint-venture between Heineken and Fraser & Neave, has launched a website dedicated to promoting and educating the public on responsible drinking.
Drink-Savvy.com is the first of its kind by an Asian brewer, APB said today (11 December), and aims to actively involve stakeholders in the Asia Pacific region to "learn about, value and enjoy drinking responsibly".
"We want to do more than merely educate stakeholders, provide practical information about alcohol and describe how we can use it responsibly," said Roland Pirmez, CEO of APB.
"We believe it is important that we engage consumers to adopt positive drinking attitudes and to practise responsible drinking through Drink-Savvy.com and its related activities."
The website features facts about alcohol and its effects on the body through the section 'Alcohol Savvy' and advice on drinking responsibly via 'Savvy Tips'.
Late last month, just-drinks reported on the ways drinks firms are hoping to avoid a global call for "extreme" legislation to tackle alcohol abuse by outlining the ways industry can help to tackle the problem.
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends