JAPAN: APB figures increase, court case pending
Asia-Pacific Breweries Ltd today reported rises in both sales and net profit for 2003. The brewer credited strong sales of beer in Vietnam and Thailand for the increases.
Net profit for the year rose by 10.9% to S$94.14m (US$54.26m) from S$84.9m year-on-year. Sales increased by 15.1% to S$1.26 billion.
In September, Asia-Pacific was hit for undisclosed claims from banks in Germany, Sweden and Japan after one of the company's executives was charged with defrauding them of up to US$69m. The brewery has said it will contest the charges. The case is expected to open in Singapore's High Court soon.
Asia-Pacific, makers of Tiger beer, is joint-owned by Heineken and Fraser & Neave Ltd. It is also Singapore's oldest brewery.
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
ING has raised its target for Heineken's share price after analysing the brewer's options to save costs....
Heineken's CEO-in-waiting has no plan to radically alter the brewer's strategy, he said in an interview today....
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & Full Year - Preview
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research