VIETNAM: APB coy on integration job impact
Asia Pacific Breweries (APB) has said it is "too premature" to say how the integration of certain Vietnamese brewing assets will affect local jobs in the country.
The Tiger Beer brewer told just-drinks today (23 March) that it is awaiting approval from the Vietnamese government for its plans in the fast-growing beer market.
APB is planning to transfer the capital from its recently-acquired Da Nang and Tien Giang breweries into local venture Vietnam Brewery (VBL). APB, which holds a 60% stake in VBL, bought the two breweries from Foster's Group last year in a deal worth US$105m.
APB said the move is part of its "on-going integration exercise to maximise synergies in Vietnam" since the acquisition of the Foster's business.
In January, APB secured another acquisition in Vietnam through its VBL venture. APB bought local rival Quang Nam Brewery (QNB) through a venture with local firm Quang Nam Electric Construction Co.
Dutch brewing giant Heineken owns a 42% stake in APB, its partner in making headway into emerging markets.
Heineken's Romanian unit has reported a strong rise in sales for the first half of this year, following the expansion of its portfolio in the country....
Foster's Group is launching is Australian beer brands VB (Victoria Bitter), Crown Lager and Carlton Cold in Ireland, the UK and Europe, in competition with its namesake lager brand....
Heineken, InBev and SABMiller have all been the subject of a ratings review by Dutch broker ING....
Heineken has been hit by legal action in France thanks to some of its Rugby World Cup-related advertising....
Foster's Group is facing the possibility of industrial action at its largest brewery in Australia....
Foster's Group has claimed victory in a dispute over the Zero trademark in Australia....
The Burundi subsidiary of Heineken has invested in upping production in an effort to boost exports to other countries in the region, according to reports....
Baltic Beverages Holding is looking to launch its Holsten beer brand in Ukraine, according to local reports....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018