USA: A&P Names Craig Sturken President, CEO of Atlantic Region
The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company (A&P, NYSE:GAP) announced today that Craig C. Sturken has been named President & Chief Executive Officer of the Company's Atlantic Region. He succeeds Bill McEwan, who left the Company. Mr. Sturken was previously Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of A&P's Midwest Region. Christian Haub, President & Chief Executive Officer of A&P, said, "In Michigan, Craig has developed and led an excellent team, whose operating disciplines and merchandising efforts have established our Farmer Jack operation as the premier supermarket chain and market leader in the Detroit area. The experience, leadership and commitment he brings to this new role will drive our Atlantic Region's performance to the next level as we move forward." The Atlantic Region, based in Paterson, N.J., operates 416 supermarkets, including the A&P, Waldbaum's and Food Emporium stores in New York and New Jersey; the A&P and Super Foodmart stores in New England, and the Super Fresh stores in the Baltimore and Philadelphia markets. Mr. Sturken joined A&P in 1990 as Chairman of the Company's Canadian operations. In 1993, he became Group Vice President of Michigan Operations, and was later named President of A&P Michigan. In 1997, he was named Chairman & CEO of what is now the Midwest Region, operating 102 Farmer Jack supermarkets in Michigan, and 38 Kohl's stores in Wisconsin. A&P also announced that Dennis Eidson has been named President & Chief Executive Officer of the Midwest Region, succeeding Mr. Sturken. He was previously Executive Vice President, Merchandising & Marketing for the Region. Mr. Eidson joined A&P's Michigan operation in 1997 as Vice President of Merchandising for Farmer Jack, and was promoted to his most recent position in early 1999. Said Mr. Haub, "As an integral member of Craig Sturken's Midwest management team, Dennis has been instrumental in our success, and we look forward to continued development there under his leadership."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- Diageo nears wine exit with Acacia sale to Peju
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research