USA: A&P Expects Ongoing 2nd Quarter EPS in the Range of $0.12 to $0.14, and Comparable Store Sales to Grow Approximately 1.5%
The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company, Inc. (A&P, NYSE: GAP) said today that earnings for the 12 week second quarter of fiscal 2000 ending September 9 will be below previous expectations. Ongoing earnings for the second quarter of 2000 are expected to be in the range of $0.12 to $0.14 per share, versus ongoing earnings of $0.45 per share in 1999. Reported results after special charges associated with the Company's renewal initiatives in both years are expected to be a loss of $0.14 to $0.16 per share in the second quarter of 2000, versus income of $0.14 per share in 1999. Total sales for the second quarter are expected to increase approximately 7% over the second quarter of 1999, with an increase in comparable store sales of approximately 1.5%. Christian Haub, President and Chief Executive Officer, said: "We are disappointed with our financial results this quarter, attributable to three factors:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends