USA: A&P Expects Ongoing 2nd Quarter EPS in the Range of $0.12 to $0.14, and Comparable Store Sales to Grow Approximately 1.5%
The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company, Inc. (A&P, NYSE: GAP) said today that earnings for the 12 week second quarter of fiscal 2000 ending September 9 will be below previous expectations. Ongoing earnings for the second quarter of 2000 are expected to be in the range of $0.12 to $0.14 per share, versus ongoing earnings of $0.45 per share in 1999. Reported results after special charges associated with the Company's renewal initiatives in both years are expected to be a loss of $0.14 to $0.16 per share in the second quarter of 2000, versus income of $0.14 per share in 1999. Total sales for the second quarter are expected to increase approximately 7% over the second quarter of 1999, with an increase in comparable store sales of approximately 1.5%. Christian Haub, President and Chief Executive Officer, said: "We are disappointed with our financial results this quarter, attributable to three factors:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research