UK: Another name on Unwins shortlist - report
Another name has been added to the shortlist of bidders for Unwins Wine Group, according to press reports. Trade publication Off Licence News said late last week that Terra Firma Capital Partners, the investment firm headed by Guy Hands, is in contention to bid for the off-licence chain.
Terra Firma's Thresher Group is up against Wine Cellar, Raj Chatha, the drinks wholesale entrepreneur, and Lancelot, a consortium led by two former T&S Stores directors, to gain control of the chain controlled by the Wetz family, the trade publication claimed.
The UK wine and spirits retailer announced in May that its board was considering a sale of the business. The closing date for applications was the end of last month.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future