UK: Another half of growth for Majestic
Majestic Wine has posted a rise in H1 turnover and profits. The UK wine business said today (15 November) that continuing sales growth had helped drive first half net profits up to £3.2m compared with £2.9m last year.
Turnover was up to £74.6m from £69.1m for the same period last year.
In a statement, the company's CEO Tim How said: "Sales growth continues to be most encouraging, with UK like-for-like sales in the six weeks from 28 September to 8 November up 10.4%.
"We are very pleased by Majestic's continued progress and see considerable opportunities for further growth."
The company said that the average bottle price of still wine purchased at Majestic is now £5.46, up from £5.31 last year. The average spend per retail transaction has increased to £110 from £104.
How said: "We have seen strong growth in still wine sales particularly from Italy and Chile, which were featured in our successful "15% off" summer promotion, and also from Bordeaux, South Africa and New Zealand."
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research