US: Another extension to Chalone offer granted
The Chalone Wine Group has been granted another extension in its acquisition process. The company said on Friday (10 September) that, in connection with Domaines Barons de Rothschild (Lafite) SCA's (DBR) proposal to acquire all of the group's outstanding publicly-held shares of common stock at US$9.25 per share in cash, the independent committee of Chalone's board of directors has been informed by DBR that the proposal has been extended until this Friday (17 September).
In May, Rothschild, Huneeus Vintners and Constellation Brands announced they were proposing the formation of a new independent joint venture to create what would be one of the world's leading luxury wines companies. The deal included the acquisition of Chalone.
Under the terms of the joint venture, Constellation Brands and Rothschild will provide the cash funding for the purchase of the Chalone shares.
The extension follows an announcement last week that the deadline would move to 10 September. The US$9.25 a share offer was initially scheduled to close on 30 June.
A consortium led by Constellation Brands has made a tentative approach for Allied Domecq....
The Board of Directors of Constellation Brands, Inc. has declared a quarterly dividend on the company's 5.75% Series A Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock, payable on 1 June, to shareholders of reco...
Constellation is expected to launch a counter-bid for Allied Domecq by the end of this month, according to press reports....
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
This weekend's press reports have thrown up two other interested parties in the potential Allied Domecq carve-up....
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends