US: Anheuser unveils sensible drinking ad
Anheuser-Busch is to unveil its latest advert in its alcohol awareness campaign during the telecast of the 76th Annual Academy Awards ceremony on February 29.
Part of the company's "Responsibility Matters" campaign, the 30-second commercial, entitled "What A Night," begins with three mothers talking about what their sons are doing together that evening. One mother thinks they went out for pizza, one thinks they're playing basketball, and one thinks they're at the movies. It turns out the boys actually did all three activities during the evening - reinforcing that when parents talk with their children and are involved in their lives, kids will make smart choices, including not drinking when they're underage.
This is the second spot in the new "Responsibility Matters" campaign. The first ad featured country singer Tim McGraw and the L.A. Lakers' Rick Fox envying the special attention a designated driver receives. It aired during the 2004 Super Bowl broadcast.
"The new theme says in a few words what research, practical experience and common sense say are most important in addressing all forms of alcohol abuse -- responsibility matters," said John Kaestner, vice president of consumer affairs at Anheuser-Busch.
Sectors: Beer & cider
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
Equity analyst Legg Mason has downgraded its rating of the US brewer Anheuser-Busch from "hold" to "sell" after the company issued a statement saying it expected sales below previous estimates....
The US brewer Anheuser-Busch Cos has reported first quarter 2005 domestic beer volumes below previous expectations....
Pernod Ricard is looking to acquire Allied Domecq....
Allied Domecq and Pernod Ricard have both been downgraded....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends