US: Anheuser sets up hurricane relief programme
Anheuser-Busch has set up a nationwide relief programme for the relief of victims of the the series of hurricanes and tropical storms that have taken numerous lives and caused devastating damage to many states in the US.
Anheuser-Busch and its independent wholesalers said it they had developed a nationwide program called "Operation Hurricane Relief" to assist in the hurricane relief efforts.
The programme is being launched with a US$500,000 donation from Anheuser-Busch and will be US$1m through contributions from its nationwide wholesaler family.
All funds will go toward relief efforts coordinated by the American Red Cross and other relief organizations.
"Families have lost loved ones, as well as their homes and belongings, and tens of thousands have been without electricity and clean drinking water. The devastation over the past few weeks has reached into the billions," said August A. Busch IV, president of Anheuser-Busch, Inc. "We want to help. For more than 50 years, our company motto has been, 'Making Friends is Our Business.' With the support of our dedicated wholesalers, we hope to translate that motto into action by raising funds to help the victims and their communities in this time of crisis."
Sectors: Beer & cider
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Anheuser-Busch may have to reinstate workers it dismissed after catching inappropriate behaviour using hidden cameras....
Anheuser-Busch is to follow the US launch of its B(E) beer by rolling out the brand in the UK....
The US brewer Anheuser-Busch said today that it had seen its earnings per share fall 3% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same period last year as it was hit by difficult trading condi...
Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch Companies, has said that the company's board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend....
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the holding company of billionaire Warren Buffett, has acquired a significant stake in Anheuser-Busch....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
China's largest brewer Tsingtao Brewery has reported a 16.4% jump in net profit for the year to Y285m, according to local reports....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research