US: Anheuser reports record first quarter
Net income was US$484.8m, or 57 cents a share, compared with US$456.1m, or 51 cents a share, in the year-earlier period. Consolidated net sales increased 4.6%.
"Anheuser-Busch had another very good quarter and continued its track record of delivering consistent and dependable earnings growth. The company has now achieved 18 consecutive quarters of solid double- digit earnings per share growth," said CEO Patrick Stokes. The company said strong growth in domestic revenue per barrel drove significantly enhanced profit margins in the quarter. Both gross profit margin and operating profit margin improved 80 basis points compared to the first quarter 2002. Return on capital employed increased 160 basis points over the past twelve months.
Domestic revenue per barrel grew 2.8% in the first quarter 2003 vs. the first quarter 2002.
"This growth reflects the continued favourable pricing environment and the company's successful implementation of pricing actions on approximately two-thirds of its domestic volume in two phases - October 2002 and February 2003, " A-B said.
Worldwide Anheuser-Busch beer sales volume for the first quarter 2003 rose 1.7%, to 26.7 million barrel. Domestic volumes in the US increased 1.3% in the first quarter. International volume increased 7.9% in the period.
"Anheuser-Busch's continuing success reflects our ability to capitalize on favorable domestic beer industry fundamentals," said Stokes. "We remain confident in our ability to achieve our 12% earnings per share growth objective for 2003."
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Anheuser-Busch has reiterated its 2005 earnings per share outlook....
Anheuser-Busch is the latest US drinks company to be hit by industrial action....
The US brewer Anheuser-Busch said today that it had seen its earnings per share fall 3% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same period last year as it was hit by difficult trading condi...
Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch Companies, has said that the company's board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend....
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the holding company of billionaire Warren Buffett, has acquired a significant stake in Anheuser-Busch....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
Anheuser-Busch has increased its economic interest in China's Tsingtao to 27% upon its conversion of all the remaining convertible bonds in Tsingtao....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research